The Vision for Sexey’s School, Bruton
Teaching children to think intelligently, act wisely and be fully engaged in a challenging and changing world.
1 The Character of Sexey’s
- It is important to Sexey’s that we preserve and promote the Christian ethos that allows us to offer a unique and special education.
- Sexey’s is committed to becoming the leading co-educational state boarding school in the country, enhancing facilities and appointing quality staff to support this.
- We aim to maintain the current healthy demand for all children and all boarding education at Sexey’s by cultivating our partner schools and by ensuring that Sexey’s national reputation and brand remains such that personal recommendation more than active PR promotes the school. However, effective marketing is still crucial here with regards state boarding.
2 Education at Sexey’s
- Excellent teaching is the bedrock of Sexey’s success. We will continue to recruit the very best teachers we can, and train and develop them in Sexey’s expectations and standards. They will further promote Sexey’s high academic standards and stimulating intellectual environment.
- Sexey’s has a deep-rooted commitment to the all-round education of its pupils. It will seek to maintain and enhance its reputation for excellence in all cultural and sporting areas as it continues to develop the physical well-being of all children.
- Sexey’s will seek to enhance the pastoral care of all its children, developing the core Christian values of tolerance, kindness and respect amongst its pupils.
- Sexey’s will continue to expand and develop its preparation of young adults for university entrance in the UK and abroad and its links with the world of work through careers education.
- Sexey’s aims to maintain its facilities and estate to ensure that in every aspect of a child’s education here the buildings and provision are first class. Good financial management will remain a top priority.
3 Sexey’s and the wider world
- Sexey’s recognises the importance of sharing its knowledge and experience with others through its influence on the national stage, through partnerships and other forms of collaboration.
- Sexey’s will continue to promote and foster healthy relationships with all linked organisations, including the council, local community, DfE and Government, business and industry, the press and media, alumni and friends of the school.
- Sexey’s will seek to build on international links with like-minded schools and develop sustainable community projects at home and abroad.
I H Latif JP