1 Outstanding - Effort is outstanding and is consistently of a very high standard. Assignments are completed to the best of a student’s ability. Students participate extremely well in class. Effort is likely to result in excellent progress.
2 Good - Effort is good and is consistently of a high standard. Assignments are handed in on time and are generally to the best of a student’s ability. Students participate well in class. Effort is likely to result in good progress.
3 Requires Improvement - Effort is not yet good. This could be because assignments are not always handed in on time, they are not fully developed in class, or outside of class, or that participation in class is variable.
4 Inadequate - This may be a result of a particular area (or a number of areas) being a cause for concern, for example assignments may not be completed in class, or outside of class, or that participation in class is below the expected standard. Generally the level of effort is such that progress in learning is likely to be diminished.
HOW TO MAKE THE GRADE
Be Prepared for Lessons
· Name your books and equipment and keep care of them
· Get to lessons on time and follow your teachers’ instructions
· Show consideration and respect to all the people in the lesson
· Aviod disrupting other people
· Be aware of yours and others safety
· Don’t shout your answers, wait to be asked
· Make sure you record homework in your planner and ask if you are not sure about the work
· Be clear when the homework has to be completed by
· Remember if in doubt, ask your teacher
· Don’t leave homework to the very last moment
Getting Homework Back
· Read your teachers’ comments carefully, they will help you to improve future work
Last but not Least
· Take pride in your work and remember that we will always reward effort and endeavour
· Have a great year!